"Aortic valve replacement and double bypass"

About: Royal Brompton Hospital

I had major heart surgery last year and now feel like a new woman. My thanks go out to the doctor and their team. The doctor is a great surgeon and I owe my life to them. Their team always kept me updated and were very professional. The nurses in ICU and HDU and the Princess Alexander ward were angels and made me feel relaxed through a worrying time.

The royal Brompton also look after my sarcoidosis as well,so I am really grateful for such a good hospital. Keep up the good work guys

Response from Royal Brompton Hospital

Dear Julie,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments on NHS Choices. Our specialist clinical teams work hard to deliver high-quality care, so we are pleased to hear that you had such a positive inpatient experience.

We understand how important it is for patients to be involved in decisions about their care and are glad you were reassured by the professionalism of your medical team. Our nurses will be happy to know they were able to put you at ease during this anxious period. It is great to hear about your successful recovery and we wish you all the best for the future.