"Patronised and dismissed without examination"

The website clearly states 'assessment of sprains and strains' and 'assessment of suspected broken bones'.

The triage nurse who spoke to me didn't bother to examine me at all. They asked what was wrong and I described the pain in my foot, how I can only wear flat shoes, and how the severe burning pain in my foot wakes me up every night. They asked if I was taking anti-inflammatories, putting my foot up and resting it, and treating it with ice. I confirmed that I was.

They asked when I had originally hurt it, I said six months ago but recently the pain at night had started and was also much worse it he day.

At this point they said they couldn't treat me because this was an urgent care centre and since I had done the original injury six months ago it wasn't urgent. They never examined my foot, and I felt they were patronising. I was very upset when I left.

I am still in pain and no sure what to do next.

This was the urgent care centre not the main hospital.

Response from South Bristol Community Hospital

Thanks very much for the feedback. We are really sorry to hear about your experience. The urgent care centre is managed by Bristol Community Health, and you can contact them here: http://briscomhealth.org.uk/our-services/urgent-care-centre/