"Supported when I was at my most vulnerable"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / General Medicine

I felt very ill when I was admitted into hospital. All staff here are very caring. The ward I was in had a high number of extremely vulnerable stroke patients. I thought the care provided by the staff was excellent. They really are angels and demonstrate their commitment to care throughout their shift. Again I can’t fault anything in the care and support I received. Which really made me feel supported when I was at my most vulnerable.

P. S. all nurses deserve a pay rise!

Dear Bubbles123,

Thank you so much for your kind account of your recent stay in the ward, getting such support at a vulnerable time is so important. It is music to my ears and I know it will be very much appreciated by the staff. I will be delighted to pass this on to the team. (Hmm, now should I pass it to our Health Minister too for their consideration?)

I hope you are all recovered now and enjoying this (today) our Scottish summer.

• bubble123 thinks this response is helpful

Response from Claire Copeland, Consultant - Stroke Physician and Geriatrician, Care of the Elderly, NHS Ayrshire and Arran

Dear bubble123,

Your kind words will be very much appreciated by everyone in the ward. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I will ensure that they are passed on to the team.

Best wishes,