"3 night stay Ward 31 for appendicitis"

About: Queen's Medical Centre

I was rushed into hospital with appendicitis and was assesed quickly and given my own room. I was still nursing my son so all the staff went out of their way to get me a breast pump so I could send milk home for my son. My room was clean and the ward was quiet and respectful of other patients. All the nursing staff were brilliant and attentive and I felt well looked after. I had surgery to remove my appendix and all the theatre staff were friendly and very clear with everything they were going to do during surgery. My whole experience was excellent at a time that was very stressful and I am very grateful for the level of care I recieved.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

You may be interested to know that there is still time to nominate a staff member or team for NUHonours. In light of your experience you might wish to make a nomination (your nomination would fall under the Digestive Diseases and Thoracics category). If you want to you can nominate vis our website: http://www.nuh.nhs.uk/nuhonours/submit-your-nomination/

Kind regards,

Katherine Rooke.

Ward manager, C31.

Response from Queen's Medical Centre

Thank you for taking the time to feed back to us, most especially in light of the other demands on your time! Your comments show how important every element of care is to the overall experience of our patients. I will pass your feedback to the team on the Ward, who I know will be pleased to see what you have written about your experience. Kind regards, Katherine Rooke. Ward manager, C31.