"Lack of communication"

About: Lister Hospital

After being in a and e since 11.30 this morning I have found my own pain relief as after 3 times of asking and 2 hours waiting I still didn't tecieve my pain relief. The tests I needed were completed quickly which is good. However after seeing a Dr 2 hours ago they still have not reruns to tell me their decision despite the emergency room bleeping them several times. I will continue to wait for the cardio Dr to come back . The priority seating in a and e is just a dumping ground in a corridor when you can't find anywhere else to put patients. However upmost praise to the a and e staff as they are amazing with everything they have to put up with.

Response from Lister Hospital

We're sorry that you feel let down - like many emergency departments across the country at the amount, ours is very busy - which sometimes means that delays happen when they shouldn't - we do hope that it all gets sorted for you as soon as possible. If you would like to follow this up afterwards - we know that our senior emergency department colleagues would value hearing and learning from your experience - then do contact us via generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net and we'll put you in touch with them. Once again our apologies that things have taken longer today for you then we would have liked.