"An Outstanding Humbling Experience."

About: Lincoln County Hospital

I feel I need to write about my experiences in LHC over the last 2 weeks. I was admitted with a serious Uncler Colitis condition and was immeadiately placed in an isolation ward due to a servre infection of C-Dif. This proved to have been treated and cleared ok so the hospital looked at options available based upon my present condition. The surgens, Consultants and all nursing staff working as a team and we collectively arrived at a conclusion which has so far placed my condition in remisssion. The quality of care dedication to their work and patients across all departments was truely amazing. I could not have wished for a better team of caring individuals to help me through this. The discussions relating to my care was outstanding with detailed blood charts and plots and all any any supporting information available immeadiately. Actions on the wards got done like clockwork. Sure there will always be so delays in the busy departments but I did not feel any ill effects of the system in motion 24/7. People seem to complain about all things connected with the NHS. Why not get the tens of thousands of people who owe their quality of life to this amazing institution to write something good? We read numerous reports about waiting times etc but be very ill and watch our great medical units move to save lives ! Food ? I would challenge most people who complain about the hospital food to eat as well at home. Multi choices on 3 meals a day. What can I say? So lets start flying our NHS flag to our front line life savers rather than knocking them at every turn. We all understand that things can go wrong but thats the way with life. Things can and do go wrong but always remember we have one of the most admired Heatlth Care Systems in the World. And yes its free to us.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Stephen,

Thank you very much for the kind words shared about your experience at Lincoln County Hospital. It is wonderful to hear good news and appreciation for the treatment and care you received.

I have shared your comments with all the staff on Dixon Ward for which they are very appreciative. It’s not only good for staff morale to hear such kind words, but it is also nice for staff to hear they have made a patient's stay a positive experience in what is quite often a very difficult time.

Regards,