"Fantastic Care"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / General Medicine

My mum was admitted as an emergency admission via ED into the Emergency Care Ward and then spent 5 days in Ward 7. The care throughout her journey was fantastic, she was treated with compassion by all members of the team. Staff took the time to relieve her anxiety by ensuring that they communicated effectively. The professional manner of staff and the support given to our family were very reassuring.

There are few members of the team we would specifically like to thank;

Elaine Paul and Mo in ED, we didn't catch the doctors name, but thanks

Helen Campbell and Emma McInally in ECU for all your care and attention

Leanne Fowler, Megan the Clinical Support worker and a very kind night shift Staff Nurse, who made my mum tea when she couldn't sleep! All in Ward 7.

Finally Dr Smith for his time, attention and exceptionally reassuring manner.

Thank You!

Response from Faith McCrea, Service Manager, Emergency & Medical Services, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear gicorb01

Thank you very much for getting in touch and for your comments in relation to the care your mother received whilst an inpatient here at Wishaw General Hospital. I indeed hope that your mother is recovering well and her health will continue to improve.

Your very positive comments are very welcome and I will ensure they are fed back to the staff in A&E, Emergency Care Unit and Ward 7, who work so hard in ensuring the care we deliver to patients is of a high standard, as well as being compassionate to the families of our patients. I have no doubt they will be delighted for the feedback and particularly those you have personally named.

Thank you once again and best wishes to your mother

Regards