"Compass Worker- Broxtowe (Sheila Gibson Unit)"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Mental Health Services for Older People – Community (City)

(as a carer),

I was attending a carers group in Stapelford; which takes place on a monthly basis, I am a carer myself for my husband. Another carer who was present was telling the group how much he valued the support he was getting from the Compass Worker from Sheila Gibson Unit, how much a different it was waking just in the short while that she had been supporting him he already could feel the different.

Alot of people in the group questioned why they wasnt able to access this resource/support..... Something the facilitated tried to answer through referral.

Response from Jane Hopkins, Team Manager, Broxtowe Integrated Community Team, Mental Health Services for Older People, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you very much for your comments, we are pleased to hear that the compass worker services has been helpful to people. The Compass worker role is part of the Community Mental Health Team, therefore only accessible to people referred within our service. However please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to explore further. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Jane Hopkins, Team Manager