"Simple procedure that changed my life"

About: Halton Hospital

I can't find fault. Everyone involved yesterday was brilliant with me. I was the scared woman having a simply procedure which originally 5 years ago had 3 failed attempts at the doctors probably due to my size I'm tall and overweight. The equipment wasn't fit for purpose. I've had a mirena coil for the last 5 years now after a similar surgical procedure. The change in my life has been dramatic. I'm not the same person. Yesterday the consultant who performed my surgery problably thought this is a simple procedure that should have been done at the doctors. I couldn't risk the removal if another couldn't replace it immediately. My old life 5 years previous was no life. 2 days of debilitating pain and being bedridden. Heavy periods. No emotional control. Paranoia, insecurities, self doubt. It all came on slowly over a decade until I had the mirena coil fitted. It's not for everyone, but it's helped me live a normal life. It was a very simple procedure, but I wanted everyone who helped me through yesterday to know how grateful I am to you all. Thank you. I am grateful.

Response from Halton Hospital

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us and the difference it has made to you. We'll make sure your feedback is passed on to the team.