"Emergency Department"

About: Heartlands Hospital

My father was taken by ambulance to the emergency department last night 23/07/15 he was very ill and was taken straight to the resuscitation area . We were kept informed at all stages the doctors and nurses and the paramedics treated my 82 year old father with the upmost respect and dignity . Unfortunately my father was not able to be resuscitated but I feel every one did the very best they could and the staff were open and honest from the out I felt the staff gave us all the information they could to help us understand what was happening and was overwhelmed with their kindness My mother and brothers want to thank them for the dignity and respect they showed my father and us at a very terrible time for our family When the NHS is getting knocked at every turn my family were proud to be treated by the fantastic staff

Dear Karen

Firstly may I extend my condolences to you and your family on the death of your father.

It is really appreciated that you have taken the time to post your comments regarding your time in our Accident and Emergency Department and that despite the team's best efforts, your father sadly did not survive.

Our emergency team work very hard in often difficult circumstances to provide holistic, quality care not just to our patients but also to their families at very sad times.

I will forward your email to Hilary Clemson, Matron for Emergency Services at Heartlands Hospital, and also to Dr Ola Erinfolami Clinical Director for Emergency Services who will be pleased to ensure that your thanks are communicated to all of the team in our Emergency Department.

Once again, we are very grateful for your comments at such a difficult time for you and your family. I hope my actions are acceptable.

Yours sincerely