"Point of contact?"

About: Buckland Hospital

For 1 week I have not been able to get through to the hospital. After numerous attempts and having phone put down I am at wits end! Is there / If it is a fault in the telephone lines as the shiny new hospital has just been launched then 24 hours would be sufficient enough to repair and technical hitch, however 7 days?! I think its appalling, I am awaiting important results in order to receive the treatment I need. Having to go down in person, would like to know how anyone unable to physically get to the hospital to talk to a receptionist for results would get by? I ring Buckland I get East Kent hospitals switch board who always answer! They always put me through to the correct department at Dover too, That never answers! Coincidentally resulting in a dead telephone line after approximately 4 minutes of constant ringing.

Response from Buckland Hospital

Please will you contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 01227 8643145 or 01227 783145 (there may be answer phones, but please leave a message) or email us at ekh-tr.PALS@nhs.net and we will sort this out for you.

Response from Sally Smith, Chief Nurse and Director Of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you very much for your posting. I am so sorry to hear of this difficulty for you. I see it is 6 days since you wrote to us, so I hope I am not too late, but if you still need assistance please email me on sally.smith2@nhs.net. I am so sorry for the inconvemience.