"I was so impressed with the whole of my stay in hospital"

About: Diana, Princess Of Wales Hospital / Cardiology

In early July, I attended an appointment which I had made on the Monday morning, to see the nurse at Weelsby View as I had been going dizzy over the weekend and my blood pressure was low. After being examined by the Nurse and a consultation with my Doctor I was admitted to the Diana Princess of Wales Hospital that morning for further investigation.

I arrived at the Medical Admissions Unit at approximately 10. 30 am where I was met by staff who greeted me as they were waiting for me to arrive. I must point out at this stage that I felt quite well and thought at the time that they wouldn't admit me but just to check on me but I was taken to a bay and 'officially' admitted.

Following my stay on the unit for two days, I have to say that I cannot thank all the staff, nurses and doctors enough for the excellent care and attention received throughout my stay. I have to add that all my meals were so nourishing and I ate everything that was put in front of me, all the drinks that I was given throughout the day were very much appreciated, absolutely nothing was too much trouble for anyone even when further admissions were ongoing through the night.

I was discharged after 48 hours and the doctor informed me that I would have to attend the outpatients department and a letter would be sent to me within the next few days. I received a letter and was asked to attend the Cardiology Clinic as an outpatient in one week’s time.

I am so impressed with the whole of my stay in hospital and many thanks again to everyone who was working on the unit over those two days.

Response from Sarah Mainprize, Director of OD and workforce, Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust

Hi Sylvie, thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. It's always so lovely to hear from patients who've had a positive experience with us, and I'm sure the MAU team will be delighted to read these wonderful comments.

Best wishes,