"I couldn't do without the day centre"

About: Nursery Court Day Service

(as a service user),

I had a stroke 5 years ago, I used to have carers at home but since my husband retired he does everything for me. I couldn’t do without the day centre, I would go off my head. They can’t do enough for you, they seem to know what you want before you do.

I feel like I vegetate in the house, I get awful depressed but in the centre I use my brain. The days I don’t feel like coming my husband encourages me as I’m always glad that I went

I love the quizzes, I always know lots of the answers. I like the company, sitting talking with everyone and having a cup of tea.

I had to wait a while to get in, I would like more days but I know other people are waiting.

I think it all runs smoothly here, if you ask for anything it happens

Response from Frank McMenemy, Community Care Manager - Adult Services, South Ayrshire Council (Provider)

It is gratifying to hear your story about how much you are benefitting from and liking attending our Nursery Court daycare unit. I am sure that the unit manager and her staff will be thrilled to know that they really do make a difference in people's lives. Thank you for taking the time and effort to let us know what you think about our service.