"Early Morning.... Over an hour to kill"

About: Darlington Memorial Hospital

Had to take my partner to work on the day of my sons hospital appointment and as we were travelling from Spennymoor it was pointless coming home to come back so decided to go into Hollies restaurant for our breakfasts... my son wanted cereal which we were told was taken off the menu however the staff inside the restaurant went above and beyond and got my son some cereal from another department. Nothing was a bother for the staff, we were made to feel very welcome... the staff were very sociable, warm, friendly and above all welcoming. We really enjoyed our first hospital breakfast experience and cant praise the staff enough. Ooooh and my fried breakfast was lovely too.

Response from Darlington Memorial Hospital

Dear Helen & Jacob Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience of Hollies restaurant at Darlington Memorial Hospital. I am very pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and that you were happy with the food available and the quality of the food. The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the Catering Manager to pass onto the staff on your behalf. I know they will be encouraged by your positive comments. Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices. Patient Experience Team County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust Tel: 0800 7835774