About: Birmingham Children's Hospital

I was rushed in with my 10 day old son who had a very rare heart defect. Hes the second case here at Birmingham childrens we were told. He had a interupted aortic arterie... an a.p window was in sever shock after colapsing and nearly dieing at home. We were taken immediately to icu who made us feel as reasurred as they could...kept us informed at all times and told us of their decision in treatments for our son... 14 days later we are hoping to be going home this weekend ( hoping and praying hard ) finley has made almost a full recovery thanks to the team of dedicated staff who have had a envolvment in his care and the biggest thank you from the bottom of our hearts to finleys surgeon....xx

Response from Janette Vyse, Deputy Head of Nursing, Patient Experience & Participation Lead, Birmingham Children's Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for sharing your story with us, you have clearly all being through a diffcult and distressing time but it is wonderful that you have such a postive outcome.

Being kept informed is so important and it is great to hear how that happened for you, helping you feel reassured, along with the excellent care and support Finley received.

I have shared your comment and thanks with the PIC and Cardiac teams who were thrilled to read it.

Thank you again and I sincerely hope Finley continues with his recovery.

Kind regards,