"disappointed and debilitated"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

After a sports injury in London I returned to Lincoln A&E with a dislocated kneecap and suspected ACL tear, I was in and out in 30 minutes (it was a Sunday) so was quite impressed. The doctor I saw however was quite rude and refused to read the note from the original doctor, they passed me onto the nurse for a splint to be fitted. On Tuesday I returned to the fracture to see my 3rd doctor of the week, who agreed that it was a suspected acl tear. I was sent to plaster for a full length brace. At not one point was I told what I should and shouldn't do, what to expect, only that it was a suspected ACL tear. It has now been 5 weeks since the injury; I'm still wearing a brace, unable to walk or work and am none the wiser about the condition of my knee. I have since paid to see a physio to seek advice on exercises I can do to improve the muscle loss in my leg and tell me what I can do to help. I have always had faith in the NHS but am very disappointed in the care I have received and the way in which I have been spoken to throughout. If you can afford to go private, do it.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Sophie,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I am disappointed that you found the Doctor to be rude and no one explained your injury to you.

If you can provide me with your full details, either by e-mail to christopher.sharman@ulh.nhs.uk or by telephone on 01476 464616, we can then contact you to discuss your concerns further.

Tracy Bell,