"I gave birth to my son in Wrekin ..."

About: The Princess Royal Hospital (Telford)

I gave birth to my son in Wrekin Maternity Unit which is a midwife led unit in Princess Royal Hospital Telford. The midwives helping me through labour and delivery were exceptional - very professional, caring and encouraging and with their help I managed the natural waterbirth I wished for. I stayed in the hospital for 3 days following the birth and postnatal care was superb - the staff cared equally for babies as well as mums. Breastfeeding support was great also. Regarding facilities, everything was spotless.

Having more birthing pools (currently only one) would be useful. Having said that, this maternity unit only does about 400 odd births a year, so maybe one is sufficient for current demand.

Care my son and I received at Wrekin maternity was truly exceptional. I am grateful to all the staff for making it so special and taking the stress out of having a new baby.

Response from The Princess Royal Hospital

The Senior Midwife at the Wrekin Maternity Unit writes:

"Thank you for this information. it is really lovely to hear such positive feedback! In addition to the comments about maternity care, it is really pleasing to hear that women find the unit clean and tidy. I will share this information with Wrekin staff so that they are aware of the mother’s comments."