"Total hip replacement"

About: Chapel Allerton Hospital

Had my THR in October 2014 and i was absolutely petrified to say the least and worried about the whole procedure. All i can say is i worried for nothing. The appointments i had were always on time, no waiting around for ages. Everyone is so friendly. The hospital is absolutely spotless the nursing staff are a true credit to the hospital. Nothing was too much for them. My surgeon and their associate are absolute diamonds. I was in hospital for 2 nights. I never had any problems and nine months on i have forgotten i ever had a hip replacement. I was in so much pain for 3 whole years before my operation and as soon as it was over that pain had gone. My life is back to normal and i cant thank Chapel Allerton enough. The whole process was a great experience. I will need my other hip doing at some point and Chapel Allerton is the only place i will go. I have recommended this hospital to a few of my friends who are having hip or knee problems. Thank you so much to everyone who looked after me.

Response from Leeds Teaching Hospitals

Dear Ms Hemingway

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us; I am glad to hear that your surgery was a success and has had such a positive impact on your life. I will pass your kind words on to the matron a Chapel Allerton hospital so that they can share them with staff members, who will I’m sure be very pleased to hear that you are doing so well and that you were happy with the care you received.

With kind regards