"Excellent care at the minor injuries unit"

About: Dawlish Hospital

I've only recently moved to Dawlish and I went to the Minor Injuries Unit today with a cut on my hand. I was seen straight away and the staff were amazing. They were friendly, helpful and did a great job patching up my hand. Thank you so much for taking such great care of me today!

Response from Dawlish Hospital

Dear Enquirer, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent visit to Dawlish Community Hospital's Minor Injury Unit. I am very pleased to hear that your experience was such a positive one. Staff really appreciate hearing about when things have gone well , therefore I have forwarded your comments to the managers responsible for this service, for their information and for them to communicate with their teams. If there is anything further that I can help you with, please don't hesitate to contact me using the information below. Yours sincerely Emma Davies Feedback and Engagement Officer Torbay & Southern Devon Health and Care NHS Trust Bayhouse | Nicholson Road | Torquay | TQ2 7TD 01803 217397 feedback.t-sd@nhs.net FREEPOST (FB) RRLE-KHTU-ZGEU Torbay and Southern Devon Health and Care NHS Trust Nicholson Road Torquay TQ2 7TD

Response from Peter Brain, Volunteer, Healthwatch Devon

Dear 'Anonymous'

The comments and responses on the web-site of Patient Opinion are shared with us at Healthwatch.

Thank you for responding through Patient Opinion to what was straightforward but so reassuring.

More generally we are building a picture of the provision of services in Devon and these comments should help the NHS and other providers develop and improve their services.

If you wish to discuss any health or social care issues with us in confidence, including seeking advice or information about services, please call 0800 520 0640, or email info@healthwatchdevon.co.uk or go on-line to www.healthwatchdevon.co.uk.

Yours sincerely

Peter Brain

Healthwatch Devon is the consumer champion for Health and Social Care in Devon.

Response from Jo Curtis, Patient Engagement Lead, Engagement Team, South Devon and Torbay CCG We are preparing to make a change

Dear 'Anonymous',

Thanks for taking the time to post your great feedback about the excellent care you received at Dawlish Minor Injury Unit. We're really proud of the services we have in our area and as you mention you are new to the area, I thought you might like to know that we are making them even better!

We recently consulted on health services in Teignmouth and Dawlish and one of the outcomes is that Dawllish will have a minor injury unit that will be open longer hours with even better access to x-ray than it has now. You may be interested in reading more about the decision here: http://www.southdevonandtorbayccg.nhs.uk/news/news-releases/Pages/Community-services.aspx.

Thank you again for giving your feedback - it is really great to hear. I hope your hand mends itself quickly.