"First class service"

About: Queen Margaret Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

My wife recently attended the Orthopaedic Hand Clinic at Queen Margaret Hospital. I accompanied her.

First of all she was delighted to get an early evening appointment. We arrived early and she was taken immediately and seen by Dr Oliver Stone. His care and attention were excellent, he took time to explain what her symptoms suggested, arranged for an x ray which was taken immediately, saw my wife again in the clinic and explained his diagnosis based on the results of the x ray.

He then outlined clearly her treatment options allowing her to decide what she wanted to do next. She left with a diagnosis, clear idea of what the next steps should be, some immediate treatment and contact details so she can pursue other options when she is ready.

She considered that she had received a first class service in a relaxed environment.

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

Dear Mystery Shopper2

Thank you for telling us about your wife's recent hospital experience. It is great to hear it described as a first class service, the staff will be delighted to hear this. We have been doing alot of work to make our services nore fleible and clearly this worked well for your wife. It will give me great pleasure to pass this post on to the staff concerned.

Louise Ewing