"Thank you for the kindness and patience shown"

About: Victoria Hospital / Gastroenterology

I attended a manometry appointment today at Victoria Hospital Kirkcaldy and although the test I underwent was not one of the best experiences I have had I would like to thank Wilma and her colleague for the kindness and patience shown towards me.

I would also like to suggest that if there was the opportunity for patients to listen to music during this procedure then it may help them to relax easier and for the procedure to go more smoothly and quicker.

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife We are preparing to make a change

Dear KatyB

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your appointment at the Victoria Hospital. I was delighted to hear that you were treated with kindness and patience, which is what we want for all patients. Having to undergo a procedure like this is not pleasant and we want to do all we can to make it as comfortable as possible for people.

Your suggestion makes a lot of sense and I will pass this on to the team to see if this would be a possibility. I am hopeful that we will be able to do something positive here and will get back to you in due course.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and for providing your positive feedback which the staff will greatly appreciate.

Regards

Louise Ewing

Update posted by KatyB (the patient)

Thank you Louise, look forward to hearing the update!

Response from Gillian Ogden, Clinical Nurse Manager, Planned Care, NHS Fife We have made a change

Dear KatyB

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Patient Opinion. Wilma and the rest of the team were delighted and grateful to receive your kind comments.

Your observations led to much discussion between our staff and they all agreed that music could be really beneficial in helping our patients to relax during their procedures. So, I am pleased to say that thanks to you, we are now in the process of purchasing CD players and CD’s for the Manometry and Endoscopy procedure rooms across the Victoria, Queen Margaret and St Andrew’s hospital sites.

Thanks again for prompting us to do this as I am sure it will make a difference to many.

Gill Ogden