"More bins could be provided to help triage nurse"

About: Queen Elizabeth Hospital / Accident and emergency

Hi, after visiting the new a and e I am pleased to say the care and understanding I received from the female doctor I saw was compassionate and thorough.

There was a few niggles like the bed did not work to be repositioned for examination but I do understand it was a new unit. I was seen within 2 hrs by the doctor who was expecting me on a bank holiday Monday evening. I have to say I was pleased with the service provided, but was appalled that the poor triage nurse had to clean the waiting area Inbetween assessing patients. Whole families were leaving their rubbish and walking away. Maybe more bins could be provided and patient posters could be placed around the waiting room. It was a complete waste of the triage nurses skills and time and patients could of been filtered through faster.

Response from Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback. I'll pass on your comments to the matron in the area, as I know they're always keen to hear patient feedback, and look at anything they can do to improve the service.

• Sunhats thinks this response is helpful