"Mothers arm left black after blood test"

About: Central Middlesex Hospital

I am writing this following the (in my opinion) disgusting level of care taken when my mother goes to have her blood checked (she is on Warfarin). The last four times my 81 year old mother has had her blood tested by the same nurse. Each time my mothers arm has been left with an enormous black bruise. I thought this was happening due to my mothers age but apparently it didnt happen before. Today my mother had this nurse again and when she told her the nurse daughter was concerned about the bruising the nurse told my mum she had to see her GP about this. I am outraged! What a cheek! It seems to me that this so called Nurse is uncaring, but incredibly arrogant!!! I've told my mother to get the testing done at the surgery in future. If her arm turns black again. I will be making a formal complaint. Has anyone else had this experience?

Response from Central Middlesex Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to notify us of your mother's experience when coming to Centre Middlesex hospital for her blood tests.

I was very sorry to learn that your mother has had such difficulties during her last few attendances and has been left with bruising on her arm each time.

It is noted from your feedback that this has been attributed to one particular nurse and we would of course welcome the opportunity to look into this for you.

Should you wish to raise your concerns with us then please contact the Patient Relations team at LNWH-tr.patientrelations@nhs.net

Patient Relations Team