"Bunion surgery"

About: Wrightington Hospital

Having postponed this op for over 30 years I am absolutely delighted with the result of my surgery. My op was in October 2014 and I am back fell walking with a vengeance. The horrid pain that I had in my foot whilst walking up and down mountains has gone. I used to be in severe pain after a mountain walk and it really took away a lot of the pleasure of walking. The pain in my knee, that I had when descending from mountain walks, has gone. My low back pain has gone and I feel fantastic. I have to say that my expectations for the speed of my recovery were unrealistic and I totally put my hand up to expecting too much too soon. If you are having this surgery then please take note of all advice. Having said that, as a result of my surgery, I feel that my fell walking days could well have been extended by at least 30 years. Thank you, you are a fantastic team and have changed my life!

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post details of your very positive experience following your surgery. I am pleased to read that you are now fully mobile enjoying your outdoor activities. I will forward your posting to the Head of Nursing, General Manager and Medical Director, within the Division of Specialist Services, who will be delighted to share your comments with all staff.