"Special Care Dentistry Team"

About: Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

I have been under the care of the Special Care Dentistry Team for the last year or so, both due to a huge phobia of anything dental related, plus my disability (Spina Bifida). When I had my first few visits I used inhilation sedation, but as time went on I started to relax ever so slightly to the point of being able to have a 'normal' local anaesthetic. On Wednesday of last week, my wisdom tooth completely shattered leaving me in agony, with no choice but to get an appointment - which I did - yesterday. Once the dentist had examined the offending tooth they ageeed the only option was for it to be removed. This proved extremely difficult, as it was impacted and very stubborn to remove, but the love, patience, support and understanding from all the staff involved was completely incredible,. I've to come back in for a checkup on the 17th of July, and as odd as it sounds - I'll miss you all, as you've become friends. Thanks from the bottom of my heart. Best Wishes. Janet Whittaker.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience. It was so pleasing to hear of the high standard of care you received and of the real difference the team made. Please be assured that your kind comments have been shared with the relevant staff.

Response from Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience; it is always extremely pleasing to hear that the care provided was of the high standard we aim to offer all our patients. Your kind comments have been shared with staff in the Special Care Dentistry Team.