"I was listened to and treated very well"

About: Ailsa Hospital

I’ve been to the psychiatry unit in the past and had to go again just recently. It was a good experience – I was not kept waiting too long, the psychiatrist spent an excellent length of time with me, I didn’t feel rushed, I was listened to and treated very well.

The only thing that disappointed me was there were no plastic / paper cups for the water dispenser – just a chipped cup when I asked.

Response from Eunice Goodwin, Patient Feedback Manager for NHS Ayrshire and Arran, Quality Improvement and Governance Team, NHS Ayrshire and Arran We are preparing to make a change

Dear Royal721,

I am glad this was a good experience and you felt the psychiatrist spent the right amount of time with you. I am sorry there were no plastic / paper cups for the water dispenser and only a chipped cup. This should be east to fix. Thank you for letting us know about this, the seemingly ‘small’ things are often the things that matter a lot. I will speak to the appropriate team and make sure there are paper/plastic cups for the future.

I hope you are well now, best wishes,

Eunice

Response from Eunice Goodwin, Patient Feedback Manager for NHS Ayrshire and Arran, Quality Improvement and Governance Team, NHS Ayrshire and Arran We have made a change

Dear Royal721,

I am delighted to let you know that the Clinical Services Manger for that Area, William Lauder, has issued an email to all the teams and requested them to ensure the cups are both available and in stock at all times to prevent this happening again.

That was fast work William, thank you. More people will benefit from you, Royal721, taking the time to let us know about this, thank you again.

Best wishes