"very un happy"

About: University Hospital Aintree

Was sent to A&E by my doctor over numbness in waist an legs had numerous tests an finally had an mri was told everything was clear and advised to have a lumbar puncture which i didnt want so was sent home 2 weeks later i recieved an appointment to go for an ultrasound when i attended the nurse doing the ultrasound asked me if i knew why i was there i told them no they then told me when i had the mri it showed i had a growth on my womb which i was very shocked at considering id been told the mri was clear, i then asked tem what happens now to which they replied u will get called back to clinic, its now been 3 weeks an have not heard anything back but have since seen my GP an have been told everything is fine an i have a cyst on my ovary an the person who done the scan should not have told me anything! For the best part of a week i was worried sick well when ur told u have a growth on ur womb u automatically think the worst i think policy's need to be changed and u should only be given diagnosis from a doctor not a nurse! But they didn't even tell me that nothing was wrong an they didn't find a growth only a simple cyst i think its awful that they did this god knows how many more people have been scared this way!

Response from Aintree University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Hi, and thanks for getting in touch.

We're really sorry to hear about your recent experience attending our hospital for an ultrasound scan, and that you had been unnecessarily worried by a member of staff.

If you wish to take this further, our Patient Advice and Complaints team can help. You can contact them by emailing customerservice@aintree.nhs.uk, by calling 0151 529 2400 or by writing to:

Patient Advice and Complaints department