"Just like a private hospital"

About: Cannock Chase Hospital

I was very impressed with Cannock a Hospital. I went to New Cross Hospital in December 2014 for a unicompartmental knee replacement but in June of this year I had a full knee replacement at Cannock Hospital. I was on the Hilton Maine ward. The immediate difference was how the nurses put me at ease as soon as I checked in, as they could see how nervous I was. The doctors seemed to take more time to explain fully what was going to happen and how. The wards were so much cleaner. The cleaner was even on their hands and knees wiping down the beds we were lying in! The food was appetising, which is what is needed when you are recuperating. I would certainly recommend Cannock Hospital to anyone who has the option. I would also like to give the nurses, doctors and physio staff that looked after me during my stay, a very big thank you for all your help and kind attention. It certainly made my stay in hospital a lot nicer than it could have been. Thanks again.

Response from The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust

Dear Jan Jennings

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent patient experience in Hilton Main. I will share your comments with our staff and wish you well with your recovery!

Kindest regards