"ccu care"

About: Royal Albert Edward Infirmary

I am a 80 year old male on the 11th June i was taken by my wife to Wigan Infirmary with chest pains within minutes of arriving at reception i was in the hands of medical staff undergoing tests.As there had to be a six hour space before the final conclusive test i was given a bed on Lowton ward,as a result of tests i was then transferred to the CC unit there i was checked by the sister and consultant who arranged for me to have an angiogram.This was carried out and a Stent fitted at the same time. Twenty four hours later i was fitted with a portable monitor which allowed me to freely use the facilities. The facilities cleanliness and hygiene of this unit would put many high class hotels to shame. During my stay i was kept up to date with my current position at all times. All the staff without exception assigned to my case treated me with respect and dignity, at no point did i ever feel i was just another patient,we are indeed very lucky to have such dedicated team if we ever need them.

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your kind comments in respect of your recent attendance to our hospital. It is very kind of you to take the time to let us know of your experience and very much appreciated. I will ensure that your comments are shared with all the relevant staff within the different disciplines and areas. May I take this opportunity to pass on our best wishes for a continued recovery.