"Wonderful staff"

About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / Accident & Emergency

(as a parent/guardian),

Very positive experience when my son had to attend the hospital after splitting his head open. We were seen within 20 minutes and staff were so friendly and helpful. My son was scared and the dr took so much time to make sure he was ok and even "fixed" his Spiderman first to show him what was going to happen. Wonderful staff.

Dear Kazla,

This is such a lovely story to read and is a fantastic example of a staff member taking the time to really relate to your son and help him feel more at ease. Hospitals can be a scary place for children (and their parents!) so it is fantastic to see that our staff are going the extra mile to make it a safe and comfortable environment.

I will be pleased to pass on your kind comments to the staff team involved - I am assuming it was the new Children's Hospital you attended, is that right? I am sure they will be really pleased that you have taken the time to write in.

Thanks and best wishes to you and your wee boy,

Lorna

• Kazla thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Kazla (a parent/guardian)

Hi Lorna,

Yes it was the children's accident and emergency department at the new South Glasgow hospital. I would really appreciate if you passed on my comments and huge thanks to the staff as I have seen a lot of negative comments in the press and social media around the new hospital recently and I don't think positivity is shared enough and all the medical staff more than deserve our praise and thanks!

Thanks again.