"Gratitude for the treatment I received during CBT"

About: Ayrshire Central Hospital / General Psychiatry

I wanted to express my gratitude for the treatment I received during CBT with East Ayrshire Primary Care Mental Health Team. I was initially referred there bya doctor at Crosshouse Hospital and he was the first person to really give me hope that I could be helped.

I then had a series of appointments with Lyndsay Mcewen at Ayrshire Central Hospital. I didn’t really know what to expect but could never have imagined someone could be so patient and understanding.

I realised what difference it could make to have someone to talk to, someone who could listen and empathise. Lyndsay also took the time to treat not just the initial symptoms I presented with but over time to find out the issues that were underlying.

At times I struggled with aspects of CBT but was never made to feel stupid or weak, and always received understanding. Having that support made a big difference to me and I will always be grateful for it. It was also invaluable that there were evening appointments as it meant I did not have to ask for time off work or explain why I was having CBT.

Dear Civil188,

Every now and then something resonates with me and your story is one of those stories. We should all take a lesson from both you and Lyndsay. You must be proud of your own achievement and never underestimate how far you have come. It can be difficult to see the woods from the trees without some help and Lyndsay certainly seems to have helped you to do that.

Sometimes at the pace which we live, we can underestimate how important listening and understanding can be. If only we could clone her!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us and I will be delighted to pass this to the team and in particular to Lyndsay herself. I am absolutely sure you will have made her day.

Take care,