"Although we are detained in a High Secure Hospital we can still do everyday life skills like painting"

About: Rampton Hospital

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

This is some feedback that was recieved from a patient on Ruby Ward within The National High Secure Healthservice for Women at Rampton Hospital (Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust) regarding the Day Care Services Therapeutic Involvement Workers.

"I was asked a couple of weeks ago if I'd like to paint the pool/games room in the Diamond Resource Centre, I jumped at the chance because I enjoy patient, it gives me a sense of achievement especially when it is finished and you can stand back and say I did that! thats when the achievement comes in. Also there's a purpose because of how it all looks at the end.

Its therapeutic and I guess mindfulness comes into it because of the amount of concentration that's needed. I found it very relaxing and meaningful and you feel like you've done some good hard work. So then, when today another opportunity came up to paint the Salon I was well happy!

It really makes me happy and gives me a feel good factor that also although we are detained in a High Secure Hospital we can still do everyday life skills like painting. So thank you for giving me the opportunity to do thin gs I like and thoroughly enjoy.

Response from Martina Griffiths, Modern Matron/Senior Nurse, The Peaks Unit, Rampton Hospital, Rampton Hospital

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback and experience of the care you recieve within our Women's Service here at Rampton Hospital. As the Manager for Day-Care Services I am aware of how hard the staff work to ensure everyone recieves a meaningful daily activity timetable in line with their recovery journey. I would also like to thank you for all your hard work with painting the Salon and the pool/game room, because of your hard work and efforts it looks fab!

Response from Christine Milburn, Nurse Consultant, Rampton Hospital Men's Personality Disorder and National Women's Directorate, Nottinghamshire Healthcare Trust

thanks for posting your feedback,I am so glad you feel your involved in positive and meaningful activity and get a sense of satisfaction for a good job done. I really helps to create a good environment for all who live and work here.Thanks again.