"Day surgery following accident"

About: Princess Royal Hospital (Haywards Heath)

Lacerated my finger on a Friday late pm. A&E @ Sussex County Hosp temporarily patched it and said I'd need to attend there on Monday to sort it out. Well, due to whatever reason that never happened and on Monday I was told I have to go to Day Surgery Unit, PRH in Haywards Heath, At the time I wasn't happy, it seemed a long way and difficult to get to, train from Portslade at 06:27 to arrive by 07:30..ugh! Now? I'm very happy. It was, almost, a pleasure to be treated at the DSU. Care and attention were excellent, everyone we had contact with were polite, helpful, considerate and kept us fully informed of what was going on. The Unit looked very clean and well laid out. The surgical work on my hand was carried out quickly with minimum discomfort and I felt I was in the hands of a very capable, professional team at all times. A huge 'thank you' to the whole DSU for making a molehill out of my mountain. :-)

Response from Princess Royal Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please contact our Patient Advice & liaison Service (PALS) at pals@bush.nhs.uk or on 01273 664973.

Patient Experience Team