"While the individual people I ..."

About: Lister Hospital

While the individual people I spoke to were very pleasant, the overall system is failing.

All levels of communication

I was initially referred to the Lister in September of last year and am still under investigation. In this time I have been referred to 3 different consultants. At each appointment I have been asked the same questions (which I can understand that they want to hear it for themselves) what is frustrating is that they do not agree with each other or talk to each other, with me in the middle.

I have been given contradictory information and when I have pressed for clear consistent information I was patronized.

Some serious work needs to go in to your doctors communication skills

Response from Lister Hospital

Thank you for your response and while we empathise with you over a situation whereby three different doctors disagree as to your condition, we would disagree that equates to the overall system failing. But we do accept that you have been put in a highly difficult position, which our staff should be resolving.

To help you, we would like you to send us an e-mail to generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net. If you can give us your full name, date of birth, address and NHS number (if you know it), we will then intercede on your behalf to make sure that you get the answers and information you need.