"Bowel cancer surgery"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

I was diagnosed with a locally advanced malignant tumour in my rectum following a routine colonoscopy that had been offered as part of the NHS screening programme for the over 60's. From the initial screening through all the tests and 8 hours surgery I feel I have been very well cared for, informed throughout and treated with empathy and respect. I must single out my surgeon who, as well as his surgical skills, also showed very high level interpersonal skills - honesty, clarity and the ability to explain to me exactly the processes involved and likely effects and outcomes - all done with kindness and a sense of humour. The surgeon and the team of specialist colorectal nurses are a credit to the hospital.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience. It was so pleasing to hear that the care and support you received was of the high standard we aim to offer all our patients.

Please be assured that your kind comments have been shared with the Colorectal team.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience. It is always extremely pleasing to hear that the care and support provided was of the high standard we aim to offer all our patients. Please be assured that your kind comments have been shared with the staff concerned.