"My hospital admission on 5/6/15, overall..."

About: Torbay Hospital

I recently had an accident at home while mowing which damaged my foot quite badly and a friend took me straight to Torbay hospital. On arrival at the A&E desk I was immediately taken into the Fracture Clinic, cleaned up, assessed, taken for X-rays, had a brief consultation with a Registrar and admitted to Ainsley ward, before being taken to Theatre later in the evening where an excellent job was done patching everything up. I was visited by the Consultant early on Saturday morning who went through everything that had been done, the likely outcome and arranged for me to attend a follow up clinic appointment within the next week. I have completed the separate form about my experiences on Ainsley, but all the staff were great, cheery and professional ( special thanks to the nurse who brought me drinks, sandwiches and biscuits at 1 o'clock in the morning ! ). So just to say thanks very much to everyone involved, definitely 10 out of 10.

Response from Torbay Hospital

We are delighted to read your encouraging comments. Staff appreciate hearing about patients’ positive experiences and your feedback will be shared with those concerned. Kind regards South Devon Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.

Response from PALS Dept, Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your kind comments. We are really pleased that the care and treatment you received reached the high standards we constantly strive to achieve.

Kind regards South Devon Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.