"Reassuring care for my c-section"

About: The Princess Royal Maternity Unit / Maternity

I had been informed that I had placenta praevia and I had to attend Dr Owen's clinic. From meeting Dr Owen both my husband and I felt completely reassured and in safe hands. Dr Owen took the time to fully explain the condition and what I can expect in the rest of my pregnancy and at delivery time.

I was scheduled in for a c-section at 38 weeks and although naturally inward nervous when the day actually came the attention I received from each and every person at PRMH was phenomenal. Dr Owen met me ahead of the procedure and once again put me at complete ease. Everything was straightforward and quick and I delivered a healthy baby girl.

The aftercare was fabulous I had no issues, the ward was clean and all staff on ward 73 very attentive. I couldn't rate it any higher and I am very (very) hard to please.

The only thing I am sad about is that I didn't know everyone's name who assisted with the c section in order to thank them individually. Dr Owen had a colleague assisting him and for the life of me I can't remember her name but again she was also fabulous. Thank you so much and well done!

Dear minkeymag,

Congratulations to you and your husband on the birth of your baby girl! It is so lovely that during this very happy, but I am sure extremely busy time, you have taken the time to leave such wonderful comments about the staff you encountered during your pregnancy and delivery of your baby.

I will ensure that your comments are passed on to Dr Owens and the rest of the team as I am sure they will really appreciate it. It is fantastic to be able to let staff know what a difference they have made, especially at a particularly anxious time.

Thanks again, and best wishes to you and your new baby,

Lorna