"Care received following a heart attack."

About: Crosshouse Hospital / General Medicine Hairmyres Hospital / Cardiology Scottish Ambulance Service / Emergency Ambulance

Whilst cycling between Seamill and Ardrossan I experienced a severe tightening around my chest, difficulty breathing and a cold sweat. Passers-by kindly dialled 999, and thereafter my troubles were over.

The service provided by the Ambulance Service, Paramedics, Surgeons and Staff at Hairmyers Hospital East Kilbride was first class, and I very quickly became the proud owner of a stent, which I'm sure saved my life.

I was transferred to Crosshouse Hospital the next day for recovery, again by very professional and considerate Ambulance Service Staff. Recovery at Crosshouse was under the excellent care of Staff there in Ward 4F - XH, and I was released from care there on a few days ago.

May I take this opportunity to thank all of the staff involved in my care and recovery for the excellent attention they gave me. Thank heavens for the NHS and the dedication of its staff.

Dear Happy stent owner,

I will be delighted to pass your thanks to the team in 4F. I am so glad you are well and found all your care to be so good. As one who has worked in the Health Service a lot longer than I am going to admit, I still find some of the procedures to be wee miracles; a stent is certainly one of them. Thank you for taking the time to share your story with us. Take care, and best wishes,

Response from Susan Friel, Chief of Nursing Services, Hairmyres Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Happy stent owner

I'm so pleased that your care and treatment went smoothly both at Hairmyres and during your recovery. This service is one that makes a real difference to patients. I'm glad you were able to benefit from it.

I hope your recovery continues to go well. I'm sure it won't be long before you're back cycling again!

Response from Martin Esposito, Patient Experience Manager, Corporate Affairs and Engagement Department, Scottish Ambulance Service

Dear Happy stent owner

I was really sorry to read about your recent illness but pleased to hear that your treatment went well. It is another great example of different parts of the NHS working together to provide excellent patient care.

I wish you a speedy recovery and thanks so much for sharing your story.

Take care