"Diagnoses issues"

About: NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

I got told I had mental health disorders and had medications for years for it. I have just been told by the doctors myself that i have no health problems, but why the diagnoses and tablets for years though? They have filled me up with tablets I didn't even need to take if they did there job right i feel.

Dear C123,

First of all let me apologise that I haven't responded to you until now - it was brought to my attention that I had somehow missed this, and I'm really sorry for that.

I know that it has been some time since you wrote about your experience and so I hope that in that time there has been some resolution for you in terms of your diagnosis and medication. You are always entitled to a second opinion and can talk to your GP about support to do this, if you haven't already.

If there is anything further that I can help with, however, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me directly - my email address is lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk.

Best Wishes,

Lorna

Update posted by C123 (the patient)

I have recently left that gp pratice and went to another in the same town. What happened was a shock to my system.

I have been diagnosed with mental health problems, eating problems and other problems I wish not to say but in other hand if I didn't leave my old practice I would of died in the care of there needs of which they never acted on or researched properly.

I am loads happier I have moved gps and it was the best and easiest way to get my health in order and so grateful I've found a new surgery that are professional in all aspects.