"delay in appointment"

About: Sunderland Royal Hospital / Gastroenterology

I was referred to gastroenterology by my GP in March 2015 but have still not received an appointment, despite using Choose and Book and ringing on two occasions. The first time I was told my appointment would be likely to be end of May. On speaking to a secretary today she informed me it was sent to appointments with a comment to be seen by the End of March. I have tried to contact the number provided today since 09: 30 and it is constantly engaged. I am feeling frustrated and dissatisfied with the follow up following referral.

Response from Deputy Head of Corporate Affairs, City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust

We are sorry to hear of your experience and would like to apologise for the problems you have encountered in trying to obtain a date for an appointment. We can appreciate how distressing this must have been. If you have not yet received your appointment, could you please contact the Help and Advice Service using the contact details below and they will be able to liaise directly with the Gastroenterology Department for you.

Email: Helpandadviceservice@chsft.nhs.uk