"Carpal Tunnel Release Procedure"

About: Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre

I attended Shepton Mallet Treatment Centre on Monday 25 May for Carpal Tunnel Release Procedure. On my arrival I was greeted by the receptionist with a friendly smile and clear directions where to wait. When called through for my procedure the nurse was friendly, put me at ease, and thoroughly checked my details.The surgeon then visited explained the procedure and asked if I had any questions.I was collected by the theatre nurse, who once again checked my details and then escorted to the theatre.In the theatre the surgeon and staff once more checked my details before carrying out the procedure.During the procedure I was asked several times how I was feeling.On completion of the procedure I was helped and escorted to the recovery area. In the recovery area I was made comfortable ,given a cup of coffee and a packet of biscuits. I was visited by the surgeon who explained how the procedure had gone and what post operative care would be needed. The nurse explained and gave me my Post Operative Information and Physiotherapy guide. At all times I found the Hospital Staff, friendly, considerate and helpful. I strongly recommend Shepton Mallet Treatment Centre and thank all the staff.

Response from Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre

Dear Mr Lane

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent treatment at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre.

We aim to provide a high quality, individualised patient focused service ensuring every patient is treated with the care and respect they deserve. We believe that clear and careful communication is the key to establishing good rapport and recognise that this contributes to the provision of a smooth and seamless process. It was lovely to hear that we have achieved these aims and that you have been satisfied with the service we provided. We hope you have made a good recovery and achieved the outcome you were hoping for.

Many thanks again.