"Trying to get my daughters eye scan"

About: Dewsbury & District Hospital / Ophthalmology Leeds General Infirmary / Ophthalmology Pinderfields General Hospital / Ophthalmology

(as a parent/guardian),

Got phoned by Dewsbury rapid access to go to Pinderfields for an appointment for my daughter's eye scan. Got there and they knew nothing about it, but had a follow up appointment booked so something has got cocked up somewhere.

Phoned Dewsbury hospital, they got nowt on record but thats were my daughter got assessed.

Fuming, lost days wage and also saying they never heard of her consultant. If I did my job so unprofessionally I'd be sacked.

I just want me daughter to get her treatment because they put us on rapid access and we're more than worried now.

Response from Paul Jepson, Patient Liaison Manager, Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Fuming Dad

We apologise for the clear anxiety and inconvenience caused. If you would like to contact us directly on 01924 542972 with your daughter's details, we will arange for the opthalmology patient service manager to investigate.

Response from Dewsbury & District Hospital

we would be pleased to arrange for this matter to be investigated if the family would like to contact us directly.

Response from Leeds General Infirmary

Dear Fuming Dad, Thank you for taking the time to write to us. I am very sorry to read that you had such a distressing and I hope that this is now resolved, however, if it is not or if you would like us to look into and address this incident to see why this has happened I would advise you to contact the trusts Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS). You can contact PALS on 0113 206 6261 or alternatively email them at patientexperience.leedsth@nhs.net With kind regards Rosie Senior nurse Patient experience