"Very Unhappy, would not recommend!"

About: Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

Having just visited the ENT clinic with my daughter after a referral from our GP for a tonsillectomy, I would not recommend the consultant that we dealt with at all. They pretty much called my daughter a liar and accused her of exaggerating symptoms such as problems swallowing, breathing and speech affectation. They then went on to infer that I was a deranged parent suffering with Munchhausens by Proxy and further inferring that my daughter have psychological issues. Rather than providing a reassuring, sympathetic service, I left demanding a second opinion and submitting a complaint! On the plus side the nurse that attended the consultant was fabulous, and very supportive of my daughters jitters whilst she had to an endoscope passed up her nose and down her throat.

Thgank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I was sorry to hear of your poor experience and have forwarded your comment to senior managers in the ENT department. If you feel it would be helpful to speak to me about your experience in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me on 01772 522793.

Response from Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We were sorry to hear that your experience was not of the standard we would want for any of our patients/parents and that, as a consequence, it was necessary for you to submit a complaint. We will, of course provide a response to your complaint in due course.