"I attendend UCH T2 Ward on 01/06/09 ..."

About: University College Hospital

I attendend UCH T2 Ward on 01/06/09 for wisdom tooth extraction. Whilst I was generally impressed with the cleanliness, organisation and staff, I feel let down by the lack of information following the operation. Having subsequently done some reasearch on this procedure, it seems that after-care is a crucial part of healthy healing following tooth extraction. Unfortunately, the importance of biting on gauze was not imparted and nor was I warned against drinking through straws (surely a likely reaction when unable to open one's mouth.) I am now, a week after the operation, in discomfort, looking at alonger recovery time and frustrated that this may not have to be the case if I had received better instructions following the op. Hopefully this will be improved in future to benefit other patients.

Response from University College Hospital

Thankyou for your comments.

If you would like feedback on your comments please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service Opening times Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm (excluding public holidays) Tel No 020 7380 9975 (24hr answering machine)

Fax: 020 7691 5806