"xray department waiting and changing room..."

About: Royal Victoria Hospital (Folkestone)

I had to have a xray waiting time was not long as I got there early morning but the waiting room soon filled as it was so small people had to hang about in the corridor outside. I had to change for my xray get undress and put a gown on the changing room is in this tiny waiting area so when u come out you on view to those waiting. When I had my xray I had wait outside the changing room door with people in the waiting room as somebody was in there changing. They eventually came out and I could get change Surely this is unacceptable there must be a better place to change and another waiting area is needed.

Response from Sally Smith, Chief Nurse and Director Of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Ms Sullivan,

I am so sorry to hear of your expereinces last week in our X-Ray Department. This certainly does not sound the standard we expect. I will ask the Radiology Matron to look into how we care for patients oin this area in order to ensure greater provacy and dignity. Thank you for taking the trouble to feedback to us.