"Orthopaedic care"

About: Basildon University Hospital

I fell badly on 24th April, we called 999 early the next morning and within 1 hour I was sitting in A&E in a wheelchair awaiting attention. As usual A&E was busy so there was a wait but within 3 hours I'd been seen by a nurse practitioner, had X-Rays, diagnosed with a break and plastered up to the knee with instructions not to weight-bear until returning to fracture clinic the following week. A week later in the Orthopaedic dept more X-Rays showed a multi-break and the need for immediate surgery. I went on the trauma list and the next day (Sat) went in via the Day Care Unit for surgery. After surgery I stayed 2 nights in Horndon Ward and am now recovering at home with follow-up clinic appointments planned. I want to thank all those marvellous staff at Basildon who helped me through a most traumatic time and the first hospital stay I have ever had, from A&E, the Day Care Unit to the Theatre team and the after-care on Horndon Ward....a massive and appreciative thank you for my care.

Response from Basildon University Hospital

We are pleased that following your fall, your recent experience of care throughout your stay at Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was a good one. We will forward on your kind words to the departments concerned, and wish you a quick recovery.