"It could not have been better"

About: East Surrey Hospital

I went to A&E on the evening of Tuesday 5th May after waking with a pain in my left jaw and was admitted for heart tests that night. In the week that followed, I spent time in AMU, Holmwood Ward, the Angio Suite and CCU, before being discharged on Tuesday 12th May. I left with two stents and a very positive view of the future, thanks to the superlative people I had met. I learned a very important lesson while at the hospital - it is the people of the NHS that make the NHS such a wonderful credit to this country. Everyone of them is professional and caring. Everyone goes the extra mile. And more. My sincere thanks to all for looking after me so well. I do not want to name individuals for special credit, as this I believe would detract from excellent team effort so clear for all to see. I need to return in the future for check-ups and perhaps more treatment. I look forward to seeing those lovely people again.

Dear Denis Buckley

Ian

Response from East Surrey Hospital

Dear Denis Buckley Thank you for posting your kind comments about your recent time in East Surrey Hospital and it is very pleasing to read that you left with a positive view of the future.. I think your expression "it is the people of the NHS that make the NHS such a wonderful credit to this country" absolutely hits the spot for me and I'm really pleased that you took the trouble to write it down. I will use it again I'm sure. Kind regards Ian Mackenzie Director of Information and Facilities