"Great care and dignity"

About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / Neurology Southern General Hospital / Neurosurgery

My mother was admitted with a sub arachnoid brain hemorrhage this was deemed to be extremely serious and we were told to prepare for the worst. Sadly my Mum did not make it but the care for the four days she was there was second to none.

Your nurses and doctors treated my mum with great care and dignity and they were incredibly patient and sensitive with my family taking the time to sit down and talk to us without rushing off. My Mum had a lot of visitors and the staff were very accommodating of them all which I am very grateful for as it was important to us all to have our last moments with her.

Thank you for making this sad time slightly more bearable with your high standard of care and professionalism.

Thank you so much for taking the time to get in touch with your experience during this sad time for your family - my condolences are with you for your loss.

You have expressed so clearly here the things that really matter to both patients and their families at such a difficult time, and shown what a difference these small acts of kindness and consideration can make.

I have already passed your comments to the General Manager of this service who will in turn pass to the rest of the staff - I'm sure they will be touched at your kind words.

Thank you again, and I wish you and your family all the best,

Lorna