"Physiotherapy service at Lanark Health Centre"

About: Lanarkshire Community Services / Physiotherapy

My wife had acute sciatica at the start of the year and it was recommended by her GP to make a self referral to the Physiotherapy service. We were worried about how long this process would take. We were pleasantly surprised and pleased to get an appointment within two weeks. After 3 sessions my wife was on the mend. Her physiotherapist was excellent as she made allowances for my wife's condition as she also has postural vertigo and therefore could not lay flat. The exercises she was given had been adjusted to take account of this condition. Well done.

Response from Janie Thomson, Head of Profession, Physiotherapy Services, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Basil

I am very glad to hear that your wife was seen by a physiotherapist so quickly and that she is much improved. It is important that physiotherapists take existing conditions into account and tailor physiotherapy exercises to individual people, which was clearly successful in your wife's case. Thank you for getting in touch to tell us about your experience and I will pass on your thanks to the team at Lanark.

• Basil thinks this response is helpful