"Hard work and dedication"

About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / Urology

Finally got my planned surgery this week, all went well and hopefully I can now get on with my life again. The new south Glasgow hospital is a cracking new building, with people on hand to guide you to the right ward. Once in the ward the nurses and all other staff were spot on, they explained what was going to happen on day of surgery and put me at ease. On the day of surgery the consultant came up on the ward and again explained the process she was hoping to do, ( she did and it worked).

There are probably still some teething problems with a hospital this size, some of the shops aren't open yet, but at end of the day it's people's health that matters and I was looked after perfectly. Many thanks to everyone on the ward for their hard work and dedication.

Dear Deadlycabbage,

I am so pleased to hear that your first experience of our new hospital was so positive. It can be an anxious time for people coming in for surgery, so I'm glad that you were put at ease at each stage by our staff.

I will pass your kind feedback to the staff in our surgery wards who I know will be pleased that you've taken the time to get in touch.

I wish you all the best for your recovery from your surgery.

Kind regards,

Lorna

• Deadlycabbage thinks this response is helpful